Effective as of April, 26, 2017
1. Collection of Information.
The Yodatai Service allows you to connect various data sources such as Amplitude to query and visualize data from these data sources in various messengers such as Skype, Facebook Messenger or Slack and yodatai.knoema.com website. Through your use of the Yodatai Service, we may have access to and/or collect various types of information:
- Personal Information. When you use the Yodatai Services, you may provide us with your personally identifiable information either directly or through third party data sources you connect to the Yodatai Services (“Personal Information”). This Personal Information may include your first and last name, e-mail, and credit card number when you create an account to log in to our network. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in thee-mail, so that we may send you a reply.
- Confidential Information. When you use the Yodatai Services, in addition to Personal Information, you may provide us with information that we should reasonably know is confidential and that you expect to be treated as confidential either directly or through third party data sources you connect to the Yodatai Services (“Confidential Information”).
- Information from Slack; Messages to Slackbot. The Yodatai Service requires access to your data, as well as the data of your team members, that is stored in or made available to Slack as contemplated in Slack’s Customer Terms of Service. We have access to that information, which may include your Personal Information or Confidential Information. We also store messages directed at the Slackbot, whether by direct message, by conversations during the dialogs with Slackbot or an mention in a Slack chat room. We do not store messages not directed at the Slackbot.
- Information from Third Party Data Sources. The Yodatai Service also requires access to your data, as well as the data of your team members, that is stored in or made available through other third party data sources in order to query and visualize this data. We have access to that information when you connect the Yodatai Services to these data sources, which may include your Personal Information or Confidential Information.
- Web-Browser Cookies. The Yodatai Services may use “cookies” to enhance your user experience. Your web browser may place cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them. You may choose to set your web browser to reject cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of the Website may not function properly. Please also note that “cookies” are used to collect general usage and volume statistical information that does not include personal information.
- Web Beacons. Our Website may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our service providers or business partners. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling us and/or our partners to compile aggregated statistics and analyze how our Website is used. We may use a third party service provider or our business partners to gather information about how you and others use our Website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Website is used.
- Computer Information. Like most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
2. Use of Information.
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve the Yodatai Services, to administer your use of the Yodatai Services and to enable you to use and easily navigate the Yodatai Services. We may use your Personal Information or Confidential Information to let you know about products or services which may be of interest to you or to personalize the Yodatai Service to meet your needs or preferences. This may involve sharing certain Personal Information or Confidential Information, with affiliated companies or third parties.
We may use your Personal Information or Confidential information to improve the Yodatai Services, and to deliver the Yodatai functionality to you and your team and to improve the performance of our proprietary prediction models.
We do not sell, lease or transfer your Personal Information or Confidential information to third parties, but we may and sometimes shall disclose your Personal Information or Confidential information if any one of the following circumstances occur:
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We also may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information or Confidential Information with the Personal Information or Confidential information of other users (e.g. average performance indicators) so that the information does not identify you and does not identify you as a source of data. Such anonymized or aggregated information does not constitute Personal Information or Confidential Information and we reserve the right to sell, lease or transfer that information now or in the future.
3. Public Information.
If you are a member of a team that has enabled Yodatai Services, we may publicly present on our Website (i) your team name and team avatar and (ii) your user name, your first and last name, and your avatar. We will not publicly present your personal team information like reports and direct messages you provide to Yodatai.
4. Information Security.
The security of your Personal Information and Confidential Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect your Personal Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. As a result, we cannot guarantee its security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of information at any time.
If you have any questions about security in using the Yodatai Service, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. Updates to Information.
If you would like to review or update your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you ever decide to delete your account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your account, any association between your account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Yodatai Services, any public activity on your account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.